Quite a few people find working as a professional photographer both enjoyable and rewarding.
If you seriously like how our world seems through the lens of your good camera, perhaps you could possibly like a livelihood as a professional photographer.
Career photographers often have a limitless assortment of projects from a wide selection of different areas. The beginning compensation is not normally fabulous, particularly for newbies, however an individual can make a reasonable salary while you get to experience a job you actually get pleasure from.
If this idea looks like a good idea, then perhaps the only problem positioned in between you and your new profession is some special training in photography by enrolling at an accredited school.
Photographers combine a formula of knowledge, artistic creativity, and premium cameras and equipment to express ideas through a visual image. The latest in digital cameras and visual editing software applications offer picture specialists an impressive choice of modern tools and programs by which to grow their careers.
As documented by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of commercial photographers is supposed to expand at a balanced rate over the upcoming several years. Occupation predictions put the increase of brand new jobs in the business at a solid 10% growth rate through 2018 or so.
Prospects will be healthier for individuals with a college diploma or at least some formal photography school coursework.
Training and Coursework Alternatives
Training starts off with gaining some education credentials. Starting openings in portrait photography generally involve trade ability sometimes received via an assistant or apprenticeship position.
var sWidget = new widgetConfig; sWidget.widgetlink = "http:\/\/widget.searchschoolsnetwork.com\/widget.jsp"; sWidget.rsurl = "http:\/\/www.photographyschoolsguide.com\/school-choices\/"; sWidget.wgtcss = ""; sWidget.frameWidth = "310"; sWidget.frameHeight = "300"; sWidget.sub = "PHOTOGRAPHY"; sWidget.getSearchWidgetFrame();
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Photography (BFA)
- Studio Photography (C)
- Photography (BS)
- And more...
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Graphic Arts - Information Design (BS)
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Portland and Eugene students have more education options and OR choices.