A job as a photographer might be interesting and satisfying.
If you really enjoy the way our world appears in the lens of your trusty camera, perhaps you just might really love a livelihood as a professional photographer.
Photographers often enjoy a limitless array of projects in a wide variety of different subjects. The actual paycheck isn’t always impressive, especially for beginners, however a person can produce a competitive wage plus you get to experience stuff you really enjoy.
If this looks good to you, maybe the only real thing placed in between you and your perfect profession is basic education in photography through a good school.
Working photographers employ a fusion of expertise, creative thinking, and premium cameras to be able to communicate through a visual image. Current cameras and image editing software present photographic professionals a remarkable range of helpful accessories and resources on which to establish their careers.
With respect to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of commercial photographers is projected to grow at a moderate pace across the next ten years. Hiring predictions put the amount of new positions within the market around a 9% or 10% rate of growth through 2019.
Prospects will be stronger for folks with either a college degree or perhaps some proper photo school instruction.
Training and Degree Alternatives
Career preparation starts with earning some education credentials. Starting positions in commercial portrait photography often involve trade skills sometimes accumulated while being in an assistant or apprenticeship position.
Individuals wishing to climb to the position of a major media photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized manufacturing or scientific visual work traditionally work on finishing a bachelor’s degree.
Most public and private universities, junior colleges, vocational institutes, and non-public vocation training schools deliver instruction which can be finished on a conventional campus or by online classes. Courses of study will range from a few weeks to a couple of months, depending on the degree of skill needed plus how frequently the course gets together.
You could think about these possibilities:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Tulsa students might look into other career alternatives and OK options.