Photography can be a great job – is it right for you?
If you really like how our world seems through the lens of your digital camera, then you could possibly like a job as a photographer.
Career photographers often experience a sweeping variety of assignments in a wide variety of assorted areas. The salary is not normally fabulous, particularly for newcomers, but a person can earn a reasonable paycheck while you also are able to do stuff you actually like.
If this idea sounds like something you would like to pursue, perhaps the only element standing in between you and your own new career is actually some structured instruction in photography through an accredited college or school.
Commercial photographers make use of a mixture of knowledge, creative thinking, and premium cameras and equipment to be able to express an idea through a visual image. The latest professional cameras and image editing software programs provide photographic specialists a brilliant range of the latest equipment and systems by which to create their careers.
In line with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of working photographers is envisioned to build at a stable pace through the future decade. Recruitment projections place the sum of brand new jobs in the business at a 9% to 11% expansion rate through 2018 or so.
Options should be greater for individuals who have either a full diploma or at least some formal photo school classes.
Training and Education Alternatives
Career preparation begins with earning some credentials. Initial job opportunities in typical portrait photography typically mandate practical knowledge sometimes acquired while working in an assistant or apprenticeship position.
Men and women planning to rise to the status of media photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized industrial or technological visual work ordinarily work on finishing a bachelor’s degree.
A large number of colleges, public junior colleges, professional institutions, and independent trade training schools supply coursework that may be completed on physical campus or by online courses. Programs last between many weeks to a few months, determined by the quality of expertise required and how frequently the class meets.
A few alternatives include these schools:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
NC students can find more career training options, learn more.