Have you been considering becoming a professional photographer?
If you like the way the world seems in the lens of a high-powered camera, perhaps you could like a livelihood as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy an endless mix of work from a range of different topics. The actual compensation isn’t always significant, especially for fresh graduates, yet someone pocket a fair salary while you also are able to work on a job you clearly enjoy.
If this sounds like something you would like to pursue, then perhaps the sole obstacle in between you and your own perfect occupation might be some special preparation and training in photography by enrolling at an approved college or school.
Working photographers put together a recipe of experience, creativity, and professional equipment in order to express ideas through visual images. The latest digital cameras and photo editing software packages present photographic pros an impressive collection of innovative accessories and programs on which to establish their careers.
With respect to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of professional photographers is expected to grow at a stable grade through the upcoming ten years. Recruitment forecasts place the total of new positions within the industry around a 9% or 10% growth rate through 2018 or so.
Job opportunities will be more favorable for those with either a four-year degree or perhaps some specialized photo school instruction.
Career Training and Class Options
Career preparation begins with building some educational credentials. Beginning job opportunities in typical portrait photography may call for practical ability developed via an assistant or apprenticeship position.
Men and women desiring to climb to the status of media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or technological graphic positions traditionally focus on completing a four-year college degree.
A lot of large and small universities, community colleges, trade institutes, and independent trade schools package classes which can be undertaken on a campus or through classes taken on the Internet. Sessions run from many weeks to multiple months, determined by the degree of skill needed and how often the course gets together.
Right here is today’s brief list:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Want other career choices? Earn a diploma in teaching.