Would a job in photography be right for you?
If you really love how the world looks in the lens of a good camera, perhaps you could possibly enjoy a job as a professional photographer.
Professional photographers often have a sweeping mix of work from a wide range of various categories. The initial paycheck isn’t necessarily outstanding, especially for the inexperienced, yet you make a competitive salary plus you also get to experience something you genuinely like.
If this looks like an idea you should investigate further, perhaps the main obstacle standing in between you and your perfect occupation is actually some special preparation and training in photography through an approved school.
Working photographers put together a mix of knowledge, artistic creativity, and advanced cameras and accessories to be able to share ideas through a picture. Modern professional cameras and image editing software packages provide photo pros a thorough selection of new products and applications by which to establish their careers.
As reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of commercial photographers is envisioned to grow at a gradual grade over the coming ten years. Occupation projections put the amount of emerging jobs in the field at a 9% to 11% rate of expansion through 2020 or so.
Potential will be healthier for folks who have either a complete diploma or at least some formal photography school coursework.
Career Training and School Degree Choices
Training begins with attaining some education qualifications. Beginning opportunities in commercial portrait photography generally involve trade skills often accumulated while working in an an apprenticeship or assistant position.
Folks expecting to climb to the status of a major media photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized industrial or research graphic positions typically work towards one day completing a four-year degree.
Lots of colleges, state community colleges, trade institutions, and non-public vocation training schools give programs that might be finished either on a physical campus or through online classes. Training programs vary from a few weeks to a handful of months, depending on the quality of knowledge wanted plus how frequently class meets.
There are some local possibilities to think about:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Want some other career options? Take a look at classes in teaching.