Do you have the qualities to succeed in the photography industry?
If you really like the way the world appears in the lens of your high-powered camera, then you just may enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Professional photographers encounter an endless variety of assignments in a wide selection of distinct areas. The initial take-home pay is not normally outstanding, especially for newbies, yet an individual can produce a reasonably competitive paycheck while you also are able to experience stuff you actually enjoy.
If this sounds like a good idea, maybe the one element in between you and your ideal occupation is simply structured training in photography by enrolling at an accredited program.
Commercial photographers combine a fusion of expertise, artistic creativity, and premium cameras and accessories in order to communicate through visual images. Current digital cameras and photo editing software offer photo specialists a thorough selection of the latest products and techniques by which to create their careers.
As reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of full-time photographers is forecast to progress at a moderate level during the approaching 10 years. Employment projections place the number of emerging jobs within the industry around a 10% rate of growth through 2020.
Opportunities will be better for folks with a college degree or at least some specialized photography school preparation and training.
Career Training and Class Options
Preparation starts off with building some qualifications. Starting jobs in standard portrait photography customarily need trade knowledge sometimes gathered while working in an apprenticeship of some type.
Men and women hoping to grow to the ranks of a major media photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized manufacturing or medical visual work frequently work at finishing a four-year degree.
A great number of colleges, junior colleges, technical institutions, and private vocation training schools supply classes which can be finished on walk-on or through online classes. Instructional classes range from several weeks to a few months, depending upon the degree of expertise desired in addition to how frequently the course meets.
Look at these local and online possibilities:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Photography (AS)
- Photography (BS)
- Photography & Design (BFA)
- And more...
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
There are other career options. Teaching degree information in your state.