Are you interested in beginning a career as a photographer?
If you enjoy how your world looks in the lens of a high-powered camera, then you just might enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Photographers often enjoy an endless assortment of assignments in a range of distinct categories. The compensation isn’t normally excellent, particularly for the inexperienced, but someone bring home a reasonable salary plus you are able to do things you really get pleasure from.
If this looks like something you would like to pursue, maybe the one problem standing between you and your dream job is simply special training in photography through a recognized college or other school.
Commercial photographers make use of a blend of knowledge, creativeness, and commercial cameras and accessories to be able to connect through a visual image. The latest in digital cameras and image software offer photo specialists a brilliant choice of modern accessories and resources on which to build their careers.
As reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of professional photographers is estimated to rise at a balanced tempo through the coming few years. Government projections place the increase of emerging jobs in the field at a 10% rate of growth through 2019 or so.
Options should be healthier for those who have a four-year diploma or at least some proper photo school education.
Career Training and School Degree Alternatives
Preparation begins with gaining some qualifications. Entry-level jobs in typical portrait photography typically call for trade competence sometimes developed via an apprenticeship of some type.
Those expecting to rise to the position of a major media photojournalist, or industrial or medical graphic work frequently work towards completing a four-year degree.
Numerous public and private universities, junior colleges, technical institutes, and non-public vocation schools feature classes which might be completed either on a campus or through courses on the Internet. Sessions vary from many weeks to a number of months, determined by the level of skill desired in addition to how frequently the class meets.
Below are some local options:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Most students have other good degree alternatives, so pick a different program in St Louis or Kansas City.