Are you interested in beginning a career as a photographer?
If you enjoy how your world looks in the lens of a high-powered camera, then you just might enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Photographers often enjoy an endless assortment of assignments in a range of distinct categories. The compensation isn’t normally excellent, particularly for the inexperienced, but someone bring home a reasonable salary plus you are able to do things you really get pleasure from.
If this looks like something you would like to pursue, maybe the one problem standing between you and your dream job is simply special training in photography through a recognized college or other school.
Commercial photographers make use of a blend of knowledge, creativeness, and commercial cameras and accessories to be able to connect through a visual image. The latest in digital cameras and image software offer photo specialists a brilliant choice of modern accessories and resources on which to build their careers.
As reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of professional photographers is estimated to rise at a balanced tempo through the coming few years. Government projections place the increase of emerging jobs in the field at a 10% rate of growth through 2019 or so.
Options should be healthier for those who have a four-year diploma or at least some proper photo school education.
Career Training and School Degree Alternatives
Preparation begins with gaining some qualifications. Entry-level jobs in typical portrait photography typically call for trade competence sometimes developed via an apprenticeship of some type.
Those expecting to rise to the position of a major media photojournalist, or industrial or medical graphic work frequently work towards completing a four-year degree.
Numerous public and private universities, junior colleges, technical institutes, and non-public vocation schools feature classes which might be completed either on a campus or through courses on the Internet. Sessions vary from many weeks to a number of months, determined by the level of skill desired in addition to how frequently the class meets.
Below are some local options:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Most students have other good degree alternatives, so pick a different program in St Louis or Kansas City.