A job as a professional photographer might be engaging and satisfying.
If you seriously like the way your world seems in the lens of a good camera, then you might just really enjoy a livelihood as a professional photographer.
Career photographers often have a sweeping array of work in a selection of various areas. The actual take-home pay isn’t typically great, especially for new graduates, yet you get a reasonably competitive salary and you get to experience things you actually get pleasure from.
If this feels like a good idea, it could be that the only issue positioned between you and your ideal profession is simply proper education in photography from a good program.
Working photographers use a formula of knowledge, artistic creativity, and quality cameras and software to be able to connect through a visual image. Current professional cameras and graphics software programs offer picture professionals an exciting collection of new gear and applications by which to create their careers.
Based on the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of full-time photographers is predicted to grow at a constant tempo over the coming 10 years. Employment projections put the sum of emerging positions within the industry around a 10% expansion rate through 2018.
Job Potential should be stronger for individuals with a complete diploma or perhaps some formal photo school education.
Training and Education Options
Career preparation starts off with gaining some credentials. Beginning opportunities in commercial portrait photography may call for technical proficiency acquired via an apprenticeship position.
var sWidget = new widgetConfig; sWidget.widgetlink = "http:\/\/widget.searchschoolsnetwork.com\/widget.jsp"; sWidget.rsurl = "http:\/\/www.photographyschoolsguide.com\/school-choices\/"; sWidget.wgtcss = ""; sWidget.frameWidth = "310"; sWidget.frameHeight = "300"; sWidget.sub = "PHOTOGRAPHY"; sWidget.getSearchWidgetFrame();
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Take a look at other career alternatives. Investigate open school programs.