Becoming a professional photographer could be a terrific career, but is it right for you?
If you appreciate the way your world seems in the lens of your terrific camera, perhaps you just may really like a job as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy a limitless variety of assignments from a variety of assorted subjects. The beginning salary isn’t consistently impressive, especially for fresh graduates, but you bring home a competitive paycheck plus you also get to do a job you genuinely like.
If some of this looks good to you, it could be that the only issue positioned in between you and your own ideal occupation is proper education in photography by enrolling at a recognized school.
Photographers use a recipe of skills, artistic creativity, and quality equipment to be able to share ideas through pictures. The latest cameras and visual software present photographic specialists a remarkable selection of new products and applications on which to grow their careers.
As reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of professional photographers is forecast to progress at a consistent grade across the future several years. Federal forecasts place the increase of emerging jobs within the market around a 9% or 10% rate of growth through 2018.
Job options will be healthier for folks with either a four-year degree or perhaps some specialized photography school instruction.
Training and Education Options
Training starts with gaining some education credentials. Beginning openings in typical portrait photography commonly need practical competence often gathered while being in an apprenticeship.
var sWidget = new widgetConfig; sWidget.widgetlink = "http:\/\/widget.searchschoolsnetwork.com\/widget.jsp"; sWidget.rsurl = "http:\/\/www.photographyschoolsguide.com\/school-choices\/"; sWidget.wgtcss = ""; sWidget.frameWidth = "310"; sWidget.frameHeight = "300"; sWidget.sub = "PHOTOGRAPHY"; sWidget.getSearchWidgetFrame();
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Start your journey! Classes starting Aug 17.
- Photography (BFA)
- Studio Photography (C)
- Photography (BS)
- And more...
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical university offering over 50 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in technical career education in southern New England, New England Institute of Technology (also known as New England Tech or NEIT) is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years. Last year, over 3,000 students chose New England Tech for the hands-on laboratory and classroom training that provides the necessary skills to begin their technical careers.
- AS - Interior Design
- BS - Interior Design
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Take a look at other degree choices, OTD has more.