Photography can be a pretty good career – is it right for you?
If you enjoy how the world appears in the lens of a powerful camera, then you may just really enjoy a vocation as a professional photographer.
Photographers experience a wide variety of projects in a selection of various subjects. The paycheck isn’t normally exceptional, particularly for the beginner, yet someone produce a fair paycheck and you are able to work on a job you actually take pleasure in.
If all of this looks like an idea you should investigate further, then perhaps the only problem between you and your own great job might be some special preparation and training in photography from an accredited program.
Working photographers utilize a recipe of knowledge, creative thinking, and commercial cameras and equipment in order to share ideas through visual images. Today’s digital cameras and image editing software packages present photographic professionals an amazing selection of modern gear and software by which to develop their careers.
As outlined by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of commercial photographers is anticipated to grow at a consistent amount over the upcoming several years. Hiring forecasts put the quantity of additional jobs in the field at a solid 9% to 11% growth rate through 2020 or so.
Job opportunities will be more favorable for those who have either a four-year degree or at least some formal photography school courses.
Training and Class Options
Career preparation starts with acquiring some educational credentials. Initial openings in typical portrait photography customarily involve technical ability earned through an apprenticeship position.
Folks planning to rise to the ranks of photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized industrial or technological visual positions ordinarily work towards one day completing a four-year college degree.
Some New England public and private universities, public community colleges, professional institutes, and specialized vocation training schools deliver courses which can be taken on a traditional campus or by classes online. Training programs vary from many weeks to a handful of months, according to the level of expertise desired along with how often the course meets.
This is our brief list:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
If you conclude that being a photographer isn’t really right for you, there are alternatives. Check out details on fashion at this page.