Is a photography career hopefully in your job future?
If you enjoy the way your world seems in the lens of your high-powered camera, then you could really enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Career photographers enjoy an endless assortment of assignments from a range of assorted categories. The initial paycheck is not commonly large, especially for rookies, however you pocket a reasonable income while you are able to experience an activity you actually take pleasure in.
If all of this sounds like a good idea, then perhaps the only real factor positioned in between you and your perfect career happens to be special education in photography from a good college or other school.
Photographers take a recipe of knowledge, imagination, and advanced cameras and software to be able to share ideas through a picture. Modern digital cameras and visual software offer picture specialists a stimulating range of modern gear and systems on which to create their careers.
As indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of full-time photographers is predicted to grow at a steady grade across the future 10 years. Employment projections put the total of new jobs within the market at a steady 9% to 11% expansion rate through 2019.
Options should be healthier for those with either a complete degree or at least some traditional photography school education and learning.
Career Training and School Degree Options
Training begins with acquiring some education credentials. Starting jobs in typical portrait photography customarily need technical understanding sometimes accumulated via an an apprenticeship or assistant position.
Those planning to ascend to the ranks of photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized manufacturing or research graphic positions often work on completing a four-year college degree.
Numerous universities, public junior colleges, technical institutes, and private trade training schools deliver coursework that may be finished either on traditional campus or through online courses. Instructional classes range from several weeks to a few months, determined by the amount of expertise wanted and how often class meets.
There are several local choices to think about:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
If you feel that this major isn’t right for you, there are options. Discover more at this page.