Is a photography career hopefully in your job future?
If you enjoy the way your world seems in the lens of your high-powered camera, then you could really enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Career photographers enjoy an endless assortment of assignments from a range of assorted categories. The initial paycheck is not commonly large, especially for rookies, however you pocket a reasonable income while you are able to experience an activity you actually take pleasure in.
If all of this sounds like a good idea, then perhaps the only real factor positioned in between you and your perfect career happens to be special education in photography from a good college or other school.
Photographers take a recipe of knowledge, imagination, and advanced cameras and software to be able to share ideas through a picture. Modern digital cameras and visual software offer picture specialists a stimulating range of modern gear and systems on which to create their careers.
As indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of full-time photographers is predicted to grow at a steady grade across the future 10 years. Employment projections put the total of new jobs within the market at a steady 9% to 11% expansion rate through 2019.
Options should be healthier for those with either a complete degree or at least some traditional photography school education and learning.
Career Training and School Degree Options
Training begins with acquiring some education credentials. Starting jobs in typical portrait photography customarily need technical understanding sometimes accumulated via an an apprenticeship or assistant position.
Those planning to ascend to the ranks of photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized manufacturing or research graphic positions often work on completing a four-year college degree.
Numerous universities, public junior colleges, technical institutes, and private trade training schools deliver coursework that may be finished either on traditional campus or through online courses. Instructional classes range from several weeks to a few months, determined by the amount of expertise wanted and how often class meets.
There are several local choices to think about:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
If you feel that this major isn’t right for you, there are options. Discover more at this page.