Have you been planning on going to school to become a photographer?
If you really love the way our world appears in the lens of a good camera, perhaps you might like a vocation as a professional photographer.
Career photographers encounter a limitless array of assignments in a wide variety of various areas. The beginning compensation is not consistently excellent, especially for newcomers, however an individual can get a reasonable salary plus you also get to work on an activity you really enjoy.
If this sounds like a good idea, it could be that the one factor standing between you and your new profession is just special preparation and training in photography through an accredited school.
Photographers make use of a mix of experience, creativity, and commercial cameras and equipment to connect through a picture. Current professional cameras and imagery software programs provide picture professionals a stimulating selection of new gear and applications by which to help construct their careers.
In line with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of commercial photographers is expected to expand at a moderate rate during the future few years. Hiring forecasts place the sum of additional jobs in the industry at a 10% growth rate through 2019.
Job prospects will be healthier for folks with a complete degree or at least some formal photography school education and learning.
Training and Education Options
Career preparation starts off with building some credentials. Beginning jobs in commercial portrait photography frequently need technical competency often acquired through an apprenticeship of some type.
Men and women wanting to rise to the status of photojournalist, or perhaps manufacturing or technological graphic employment normally work towards earning a bachelor’s degree.
Some public and private universities, public community colleges, vocational institutes, and private vocation schools offer instruction that could be undertaken either on a walk-on or through courses taken online. Programs will run from several weeks to a handful of months, according to the degree of knowledge required plus how frequently class meets.
Explore these local campus and online alternatives:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Other career alternatives include design. This page has details on fashion design.