Have you been planning on going to school to become a photographer?
If you really love the way our world appears in the lens of a good camera, perhaps you might like a vocation as a professional photographer.
Career photographers encounter a limitless array of assignments in a wide variety of various areas. The beginning compensation is not consistently excellent, especially for newcomers, however an individual can get a reasonable salary plus you also get to work on an activity you really enjoy.
If this sounds like a good idea, it could be that the one factor standing between you and your new profession is just special preparation and training in photography through an accredited school.
Photographers make use of a mix of experience, creativity, and commercial cameras and equipment to connect through a picture. Current professional cameras and imagery software programs provide picture professionals a stimulating selection of new gear and applications by which to help construct their careers.
In line with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of commercial photographers is expected to expand at a moderate rate during the future few years. Hiring forecasts place the sum of additional jobs in the industry at a 10% growth rate through 2019.
Job prospects will be healthier for folks with a complete degree or at least some formal photography school education and learning.
Training and Education Options
Career preparation starts off with building some credentials. Beginning jobs in commercial portrait photography frequently need technical competency often acquired through an apprenticeship of some type.
Men and women wanting to rise to the status of photojournalist, or perhaps manufacturing or technological graphic employment normally work towards earning a bachelor’s degree.
Some public and private universities, public community colleges, vocational institutes, and private vocation schools offer instruction that could be undertaken either on a walk-on or through courses taken online. Programs will run from several weeks to a handful of months, according to the degree of knowledge required plus how frequently class meets.
Explore these local campus and online alternatives:
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Graphic Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students.
- Web Design & Application Development Certificate
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic & Web Design (AA)
The Cinema Production Program focuses on the theory, art, craft and practical application of Film Making. Students will learn screenwriting, directing, producing, production design, cinematography, post-production and marketing & distribution.
- Cinema Production
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
Other career alternatives include design. This page has details on fashion design.