Have you been thinking of becoming a professional photographer?
If you like how your world seems through the lens of a digital camera, then you just might really love a career as a professional photographer.
Photographers enjoy a limitless variety of projects from a variety of distinct areas. The starting salary is not often fabulous, especially for fresh graduates, but you get a competitive income while you get to work on an activity you genuinely enjoy.
If this sounds like a good idea, perhaps the main factor placed in between you and your ideal career is formal preparation and training in photography from an accredited program.
Commercial photographers apply a formula of experience, imagination, and premium cameras and equipment to be able to share ideas through pictures. Today’s professional cameras and imagery software applications provide photographic professionals a brilliant selection of helpful products and systems on which to help establish their careers.
As mentioned by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of working photographers is forecast to grow at a stable tempo during the future ten years. Federal forecasts put the number of emerging positions in the industry at a steady 9% to 11% growth rate through 2018 or so.
Job Potential should be more favorable for folks who have a college diploma or at least some advanced photography school coursework.
Career Training and Coursework Options
Career preparation starts out with acquiring some education credentials. Initial openings in standard portrait photography typically call for practical knowledge often gathered through an apprenticeship position.
Those intending to ascend to the position of media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or research visual employment generally focus on completing a four-year degree.
A great number of universities, junior colleges, vocational institutions, and specialty trade schools deliver programs which could be taken either on a conventional campus or through courses taken online. Programs run from several weeks to a few months, determined by the amount of expertise needed along with how frequently the course meets.
There are some smart regional and online alternatives:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
Career options include fashion design. Continue to see more about fashion programs.