Have you frequently thought about trying to get started in photography?
If you like how your world looks through the lens of a digital camera, then you may just enjoy a career as a professional photographer.
Photographers experience a limitless array of work in a wide selection of different topics. The paycheck is not normally impressive, especially for newbies, however you pocket a competitive wage while you also get to do stuff you genuinely enjoy.
If all of this looks like something you would like to pursue, maybe the only problem between you and your own great job might be special training in photography from a recognized program.
Commercial photographers put together a mix of experience, creativeness, and quality cameras and accessories to be able to express an idea through visual images. Modern digital cameras and visual editing software programs supply photo specialists a fantastic collection of modern devices and programs by which to help establish their careers.
As documented by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the amount of full-time photographers is projected to increase at a consistent rate through the upcoming decade. Occupation projections put the increase of additional jobs in the marketplace around a 9% to 11% rate of growth through 2020 or so.
Job Potential should be greater for folks with either a complete diploma or at least some formal photography school classes.
Career Training and Class Choices
Career preparation starts with earning some educational credentials. Beginning positions in portrait photography usually require technical ability obtained via an apprenticeship of some type.
Men and women planning to grow to the position of photojournalist, or perhaps a specialized manufacturing or medical graphic employment regularly focus on a four-year degree.
Most large and small universities, public junior colleges, vocational institutes, and non-public vocation training schools deliver coursework that can be undertaken either on traditional campus or by online classes. Courses vary from many weeks to several months, determined by the level of proficiency desired along with how often class meets.
A few options include these schools:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Graphic Arts (AAS)
- Graphic Arts (BS)
- Graphic Arts - Information Design (BS)
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
You can see options to a photo degree (if you don’t think you are the best fit for it). See other career training in Idaho.