Many men and women find working as a professional photographer both enjoyable and rewarding.
If you love the way the world looks through the lens of a high-powered camera, perhaps you might really like a vocation as a professional photographer.
Photographers take on a sweeping array of projects from a wide selection of different subjects. The initial compensation isn’t often excellent, especially for newcomers, but a person can pocket a fair wage plus you get to do stuff you really like.
If this idea looks like something you could investigate further, maybe the main issue standing between you and your own dream occupation is simply some proper training in photography by enrolling at an accredited school.
Photographers employ a mixture of experience, inspiration, and professional cameras and software to express an idea through a visual image. Modern cameras and visual editing software packages offer photographic experts a brilliant selection of the latest accessories and programs on which to develop their careers.
With respect to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of working photographers is estimated to build at a constant amount over the next several years. Federal forecasts place the quantity of additional positions in the marketplace at a steady 9% to 11% rate of expansion through 2018.
Potential will be stronger for those who have either a four-year degree or at least some proper photography school coursework.
Career Training and Degree Alternatives
Career training starts off with earning some credentials. Starting jobs in standard portrait photography customarily involve practical skills often generated via an an apprenticeship or assistant position.
Those planning to grow to the status of a major media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or scientific visual work often focus on earning a bachelors degree.
A good number of public and private universities, public junior colleges, trade institutes, and private vocation training schools provide coursework which might be finished on walk-on or by classes taken on the Internet. Classes range from a few weeks to multiple months, depending upon the quality of knowledge required plus how frequently the class meets.
The following is today’s brief list:
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Photography (BFA)
- Studio Photography (C)
- Photography (BS)
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Digital Design
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Video Game Design
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
F.I.R.S.T. College offers educational programs specializing in the exciting fields of Recording Arts and Film and Video Production. We offer extensive hands-on training with real-word experience, small class sizes and flexible scheduling.
- Film & Video