Many men and women find working as a professional photographer both enjoyable and rewarding.
If you love the way the world looks through the lens of a high-powered camera, perhaps you might really like a vocation as a professional photographer.
Photographers take on a sweeping array of projects from a wide selection of different subjects. The initial compensation isn’t often excellent, especially for newcomers, but a person can pocket a fair wage plus you get to do stuff you really like.
If this idea looks like something you could investigate further, maybe the main issue standing between you and your own dream occupation is simply some proper training in photography by enrolling at an accredited school.
Photographers employ a mixture of experience, inspiration, and professional cameras and software to express an idea through a visual image. Modern cameras and visual editing software packages offer photographic experts a brilliant selection of the latest accessories and programs on which to develop their careers.
With respect to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of working photographers is estimated to build at a constant amount over the next several years. Federal forecasts place the quantity of additional positions in the marketplace at a steady 9% to 11% rate of expansion through 2018.
Potential will be stronger for those who have either a four-year degree or at least some proper photography school coursework.
Career Training and Degree Alternatives
Career training starts off with earning some credentials. Starting jobs in standard portrait photography customarily involve practical skills often generated via an an apprenticeship or assistant position.
Those planning to grow to the status of a major media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or scientific visual work often focus on earning a bachelors degree.
A good number of public and private universities, public junior colleges, trade institutes, and private vocation training schools provide coursework which might be finished on walk-on or by classes taken on the Internet. Classes range from a few weeks to multiple months, depending upon the quality of knowledge required plus how frequently the class meets.
The following is today’s brief list:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!