A career as a photographer can be engaging and enjoyable.
If you like how the world looks through the lens of your trusty camera, then you may just really like a vocation as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy an endless mix of work in a wide selection of different subjects. The starting salary is not consistently exceptional, particularly for fresh graduates, yet you produce a competitive paycheck plus you are able to work on stuff you actually get pleasure from.
If all of this feels like something you would like to pursue, maybe the one issue in between you and your great career is just some proper education in photography by enrolling at a good college or school.
Working photographers combine a fusion of knowledge, imagination, and premium equipment in order to communicate through a visual image. The latest cameras and image editing software applications supply picture professionals an exciting array of new gear and applications by which to build their careers.
As indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of professional photographers is expected to progress at a constant grade through the approaching decade. Recruitment projections place the sum of emerging jobs in the field at a steady 9% or 10% expansion rate through 2020 or so.
Job prospects should be healthier for those who have a college degree or perhaps some proper photography school classes.
Career Training and Coursework Options
Training begins with building some qualifications. Beginning jobs in commercial portrait photography regularly need practical understanding often obtained while being in an apprenticeship position.
Folks intending to rise to the status of photojournalist, or a specialized manufacturing or research graphic employment regularly work on earning a four-year degree.
A great many public and private universities, state community colleges, professional institutions, and independent trade schools provide classes which may be finished on campus or by online courses. Training programs run between a few weeks to multiple months, depending upon the level of knowledge desired as well as how often class gets together.
There are several nice options to look at:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!