A career as a photographer can be engaging and enjoyable.
If you like how the world looks through the lens of your trusty camera, then you may just really like a vocation as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy an endless mix of work in a wide selection of different subjects. The starting salary is not consistently exceptional, particularly for fresh graduates, yet you produce a competitive paycheck plus you are able to work on stuff you actually get pleasure from.
If all of this feels like something you would like to pursue, maybe the one issue in between you and your great career is just some proper education in photography by enrolling at a good college or school.
Working photographers combine a fusion of knowledge, imagination, and premium equipment in order to communicate through a visual image. The latest cameras and image editing software applications supply picture professionals an exciting array of new gear and applications by which to build their careers.
As indicated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of professional photographers is expected to progress at a constant grade through the approaching decade. Recruitment projections place the sum of emerging jobs in the field at a steady 9% or 10% expansion rate through 2020 or so.
Job prospects should be healthier for those who have a college degree or perhaps some proper photography school classes.
Career Training and Coursework Options
Training begins with building some qualifications. Beginning jobs in commercial portrait photography regularly need practical understanding often obtained while being in an apprenticeship position.
Folks intending to rise to the status of photojournalist, or a specialized manufacturing or research graphic employment regularly work on earning a four-year degree.
A great many public and private universities, state community colleges, professional institutions, and independent trade schools provide classes which may be finished on campus or by online courses. Training programs run between a few weeks to multiple months, depending upon the level of knowledge desired as well as how often class gets together.
There are several nice options to look at:
Your creativity is a big part of who you are and where you're going. To take it, and your future, as far as you want, you need an education that's focused on developing your talents and putting you on the path toward the creative career that stirs your imagination.
- Photography (AS)
- Photography (BFA)
- Photography (BS)
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting