Being a photographer might be a good job, but is it right for you?
If you seriously like the way the world appears in the lens of a digital camera, perhaps you just may really enjoy a job as a photographer.
Career photographers encounter a wide array of assignments from a range of different areas. The beginning compensation is not normally outstanding, particularly for rookies, but an individual can earn a reasonable salary plus you also get to experience things you actually take pleasure in.
If this looks good to you, it could be that the main element placed in between you and your new occupation is some formal instruction in photography by enrolling at a good college or other school.
Working photographers combine a recipe of skills, inventiveness, and advanced equipment in order to communicate through a picture. The latest digital cameras and image software programs present picture specialists an exciting collection of the latest equipment and programs on which to develop their careers.
In line with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of professional photographers is anticipated to advance at a balanced grade over the approaching few years. Hiring predictions place the number of emerging jobs in the field at a steady 9% to 11% rate of expansion through 2019.
Job opportunities should be better for individuals with a college degree or perhaps some traditional photo school classes.
Training and School Degree Options
Career preparation begins with gaining some education credentials. Entry-level positions in portrait photography often involve trade knowledge gained via an assistant or apprenticeship position.
Individuals wanting to climb to the job of media photojournalist, or a specialized manufacturing or scientific graphic work often work at earning a four-year degree.
A large number of universities, public community colleges, technical institutions, and independent vocation training schools offer lessons which can be completed either on a conventional campus or by online courses. Courses of study will run from a few weeks to a couple of months, determined by the quality of knowledge needed along with how frequently the course gets together.
Think about these campus and online alternatives:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!