Have you been thinking about working as a professional photographer?
If you really enjoy the way your world appears in the lens of your powerful camera, then you just might really enjoy a job as a professional photographer.
Photographers take on a limitless mix of work from a variety of different areas. The starting take-home pay is not necessarily great, particularly for the inexperienced, yet you bring home a competitive income and you are able to do activities you essentially take pleasure in.
If all of this looks like an idea you should investigate further, maybe the only factor standing between you and your new occupation is simply some basic education in photography through a recognized school.
Working photographers combine a formula of skills, creative thinking, and commercial cameras and software in order to express an idea through pictures. Current digital cameras and graphics software applications present picture specialists an impressive choice of the latest accessories and programs on which to help build their careers.
As stated by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, recruitment of professional photographers is estimated to advance at a gradual amount over the future several years. Recruitment predictions place the total of additional jobs within the market at a solid 10% growth rate through 2020.
Job Potential will be stronger for those who have a university degree or at least some specialized photography school courses.
Training and Degree Options
Career preparation starts with acquiring some qualifications. Entry-level job opportunities in typical portrait photography generally call for practical knowledge acquired via an assistant or apprenticeship position.
Men and women intending to climb to the ranks of photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or research visual work usually work towards completing a bachelor’s degree.
A good number of universities, public community colleges, professional institutions, and specialized vocation schools deliver instruction which may be undertaken on a traditional campus or through courses taken online. Programs will range from several weeks to many months, according to the amount of expertise desired and how frequently the course gets together.
There are several smart local and online choices:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!
You could take a look at some different career options and other career training programs in Denver. These programs could be in something unusual, such as massage therapy – visit Massage School Finder.