Are you serious about becoming a professional photographer?
If you seriously like the way the world looks through the lens of your great camera, perhaps you just may like a career as a professional photographer.
Career photographers take part in a limitless array of work in a range of distinct subjects. The initial take-home pay is not commonly fabulous, especially for beginners, but someone pocket a reasonably competitive paycheck and you also get to experience something you actually like.
If this feels like something you would like to pursue, it could be that the sole problem placed in between you and your own ideal job is special instruction in photography by enrolling at a recognized program.
Commercial photographers take a formula of knowledge, creative thinking, and professional cameras in order to express an idea through pictures. Current cameras and graphics software technology supply picture experts a remarkable variety of new products and resources by which to help establish their careers.
As reported by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of commercial photographers is supposed to advance at a gradual tempo through the upcoming decade. Occupation projections place the number of brand new positions in the marketplace around a 9% to 11% expansion rate through 2020.
Opportunities should be greater for folks with either a four-year degree or perhaps some proper photo school courses.
Career Training and Class Options
Career preparation starts out with acquiring some qualifications. Beginning opportunities in typical portrait photography traditionally mandate technical skills garnered while working in an apprenticeship position.
Folks wishing to grow to the job of media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or medical visual employment generally work on one day completing a bachelors degree.
Some universities, public junior colleges, technical institutes, and independent trade training schools give courses of study which may be completed either on a campus or by online courses. Coursework will vary from a few weeks to a number of months, according to the quality of proficiency wanted in addition to how frequently class gets together.
A number of choices include these schools:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Bachelor’s program options include Communication, Political Communication, Cinema-Television, and more.
- Several concentrations available, including Rhetoric and Public Culture, Strategic Communication, Theatre, Journalism, Internet and Social Media, and more.
- All concentrations are designed to teach students the fundamentals of journalism, helping them prepare for careers as reporters and writers.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting
You may end up in a different career field. AK has other programs you can look at.