Could a job in photography be right for you?
If you like the way your world looks in the lens of your high-powered camera, perhaps you may just like a livelihood as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy an endless variety of work in a wide range of various topics. The compensation is not often great, especially for the inexperienced, however a person can put together a fair paycheck while you also get to experience a job you genuinely get pleasure from.
If some of this sounds like an idea you should investigate further, perhaps the only real factor between you and your own dream career is structured preparation and training in photography through a recognized college or other school.
Photographers make use of a formula of practical experience, visualization, and premium cameras and equipment in order to express an idea through pictures. The latest in professional cameras and image editing software technology offer picture professionals a fantastic array of helpful products and programs by which to create their careers.
Based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, hiring of working photographers is forecasted to increase at a consistent grade over the coming ten years. Federal predictions place the total of brand new positions in the field at a steady 9% or 10% rate of growth through 2018 or so.
Potential will be greater for individuals with either a university diploma or at least some proper photography school education.
Career Training and Education Options
Career preparation starts off with gaining some qualifications. Initial situations in commercial portrait photography commonly involve trade competency often garnered while being in an apprenticeship of some type.
Folks planning to climb to the ranks of a big media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or scientific graphic employment usually work towards completing a bachelor’s degree.
Numerous universities, public community colleges, professional institutions, and non-public vocation training schools package coursework that can be completed on a physical campus or through courses taken online. Programs will range from a few weeks to a handful of months, determined by the degree of expertise desired along with how often the course gets together.
Look into some decent options:
- Has been training students for creative careers since 1921.
- Provides interactive course materials and unique approaches to curriculum that support multiple learning styles.
- Offers a 10% scholarship to eligible active duty, active and drilling members of the Reserve and National Guard.
- Its Online courses allow students to learn new course material every 5 ½ weeks.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE).
- Digital Photography (BS)
- Digital Photography (AS)
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!