Could a job in photography be right for you?
If you like the way your world looks in the lens of your high-powered camera, perhaps you may just like a livelihood as a photographer.
Professional photographers often enjoy an endless variety of work in a wide range of various topics. The compensation is not often great, especially for the inexperienced, however a person can put together a fair paycheck while you also get to experience a job you genuinely get pleasure from.
If some of this sounds like an idea you should investigate further, perhaps the only real factor between you and your own dream career is structured preparation and training in photography through a recognized college or other school.
Photographers make use of a formula of practical experience, visualization, and premium cameras and equipment in order to express an idea through pictures. The latest in professional cameras and image editing software technology offer picture professionals a fantastic array of helpful products and programs by which to create their careers.
Based on the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, hiring of working photographers is forecasted to increase at a consistent grade over the coming ten years. Federal predictions place the total of brand new positions in the field at a steady 9% or 10% rate of growth through 2018 or so.
Potential will be greater for individuals with either a university diploma or at least some proper photography school education.
Career Training and Education Options
Career preparation starts off with gaining some qualifications. Initial situations in commercial portrait photography commonly involve trade competency often garnered while being in an apprenticeship of some type.
Folks planning to climb to the ranks of a big media photojournalist, or a specialized industrial or scientific graphic employment usually work towards completing a bachelor’s degree.
Numerous universities, public community colleges, professional institutions, and non-public vocation training schools package coursework that can be completed on a physical campus or through courses taken online. Programs will range from a few weeks to a handful of months, determined by the degree of expertise desired along with how often the course gets together.
Look into some decent options:
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Media Design, Master of Fine Arts (Online)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Producing
- Master of Arts in Film & TV - Script Writing
- Master of Fine Arts in Film & TV - Script & Screenwriting